Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tanners Hero's




Grandpa Dick and Josh. What great hero's to have. These are some of the best people Tanner looks up to. Grandpa Dick was his work partner this summer until it got could and he flew south. Tanner would work out to the shop almost everyday with him. ( I say almost everyday because they each had a few days off for very important things: like riding) One day I asked Tanner if it was lonely out there, because Scott would have him do things like cleaning out rat infested sheds in the back with not many people around. He said "No Mom, I get lunch with Grandpa!" . All of these kids have a special relationship with Grandpa Dick. When they were little, Tanner came home and told me that Grandpa Dick would let them swear. So I made Tanner call and apologize. Grandpa just told Tanner "Your not supposed to tell your Mom!". Then there is Josh. This is a picture of Josh and Tanner on their all nighter game before Josh left on his mission. Josh is such a great strength and has been for Tanner. He and Josh are 6 months apart. Have been very best friends always. They have been there for each other through it all. Josh was always the mellow one. Josh told me he new he was in trouble with Tanner when his lips would tighten. We also watched this on the wrestling matches, we knew it was over when Tanner would make this face. I knew this would be a hard time for Tanner when the time would come for Josh's departure. Josh spent endless hours at the hospital with Tanner, time that he needed. For many great people like Josh, Tanner didn't much spend time alone and scared of what he had to face. On the morning we said goodbye to Josh, we drove away and I was surprised by Tanners response. He said "I am so excited for him! It is going to be an adventure." We all know it is the right thing for Josh, and by this it helps turn the pain of missing him into excitement for him. That night Tanner told me he only wished he could have stood and gave him a hug. I told him Josh is in the MTC for 9 weeks. You might be able to at the airport. I know they discourage this, but for this I think they would let you. So that is now one of Tanner's goals is to be able to stand in 9 weeks. (whatever this looks like it is something good shoot for.)
Tanners progress is going a snail pace, but it is a pace. He can still move his toes and his know having a little movement at the knee and hamstring It is still a roller coaster, which sometimes the uphills feels that the engine is out and I am pushing! I want you all to know we feel your prayers. I know they are working, so please keep them coming. I appreciate the thoughts and dreams that people communicate with me. I have had many tell me of dreams they have had where Tanner is walking. They touch me deeply and I know it is the voice of not to give up!
Even if we move at snail pace. I keep telling myself pace is good!
Thanks again for the support and love.
We love you all! Stacie

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Stacie,
I have been keeping up on Tanner's blog (thanks to Shelley!) and I just want you to know what an inspiration he is to us and you are as a mom! We love hearing about the progress he is making and love to see the pictures of him and the infinite number of people who love him. Your family will continue to be in our prayers - keep on truckin'!!

Lisa and Karter McKinlay