Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tanner's 19th Birthday!

Tanner was 19 on the 18th of March. Here's some
pictures of his cake and ice cream with the family.
I can't believe how fast the time goes. Tanner is
definitely busy between all the therapy he is doing.
Which in turn keeps his mom busy. His Grandma
Carolyn picks him up for physical therapy and the
acupuncture. Sometime she waits for Dr. Blake Butler
for over one hour. Depending how they time it, because
it is on a walk in basis. Now this is huge for her to wait
She is a full on type A and has to be doing something with
her time all the time. (she does read a book.) Then I pick
up Tanner after Physical Therapy. Which is usually 2 to 3
hours of rebuilding his core muscles and reminding his
legs what the need to do. This is at Neroworx. It is a
great place and Tanner has enjoyed the therapists that
he works with. This is a non-profit place so they take what
the insurance pays, and raises money for the rest. Our
insurance will pay for 3 times a week for 45 mins a time.
I can promise you Tanner has benefited from the long hours
they have spent with him. I am very grateful for this facility.
I know this is a little long. I try to just give enough information
to keep everyone up to date. I feel that I leave a lot out, but
give the just of it. I wish I had more time so I don't leave so
much in between. Things are getting better everyday! So
maybe I can get on a regular schedule. That is something I
have never done. but there is always hope!'
Much love to all that keep up with Tanner. We appreciate
your thoughts and prayers. They are being heard and Tanner
is benefiting from them!! Please pass this to all the children. I
am so touched by the children that always tell me they are
praying for Tanner.
Stacie

3 comments:

What's New? said...

We have been thinking about all of the trials your family has been going through. From all of the pictures you have the best family & friends you could ask for. Please keep in touch,
Tami Palmer

Love the music you have added

Debbie said...

Stacie,

I just wanted to let you know that there are many of us out here that are following Tanner's progress and really appreciate what a great job you are doing on the blog. It has been simply amazing to see his progress and to see all the people reaching out to you and your family. I have seen your family at work over the past many years and know how much you guys give to others.

Keep up the good work - I have no doubt that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many people out there following Tanner's progress.

Thanks!

Debbie Coon
Mountain West Truck Center

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
Okay, I have truly failed. How could I have missed your 19th Birthday? I will make it up to you, I promise.

P.S.
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Mr. Miracle Man
Happy Birthday to you!
That is as original as I can get.
I proudly sign with my new title.......Love,The Bitch'n
Bathrobe Lady Brenda