Friday, April 11, 2008

A note to Tanner that inspires us all!

I got an email for Tanner that I would like to share with you.
This describes some of Tanners qualities that we can all
learn from. This last weekend all of our extended family and
some friends went to Kaneville to ride motorcycles. I was in
CA with Kelsea and text Tanner. I made him promise me he
would not ride a motorcycle. He said he wouldn't, but he did
figure how to ride the Rhino. I guess I should be more specific!
(like it would of helped)
Please read on:

Tanner,


I just want you to know that I am very grateful for the example you have set for my son, Alex. On the way home from the mx trip, he talked of you almost the entire way back. You have made an impression on him that not many people take the time to recognize or do. I don't know if you realize it or not but Alex has a hard time making immediate friends. His personality hinders him to the point that other people write him off or just flat out ignore him or call him names or "weird". He has a very outspoken outlook on life, he's blunt and speaks his mind always (a good example was apparent in the truck with us and your dad on Sunday morning). He is the most brilliant student and the top of his class. But like most young kids he has a hard time harnessing his energy.

I too noticed that you gave him attention at the camp site and in the truck, took the time to be aware of his presence and talk with him. I don't know if you did that because I was there and I am his Father but you need to know that it meant so much to me and my wife. I watched how Alex indulged himself to your attention. He always spoke of you in any regard and said that you were so cool because you were happy in your way of life. He was envious of you when you made the make shift accelerator handle for the Rhino, he commented after seeing your creation saying "I should of thought of that for Tanner". I tried repeatedly to duplicate the Rhino ride he took with you on the "roller coaster" hill but was unsuccessful. He asked if I could return to the hotel where you could take over the Rhino. My son has faith in you.

Tanner, things have a funny way of happening in our lives. We never know what will happen. I will tell you this, you have touched my son's life at this time of his life and for that I am eternally grateful. You have been one of the answers to the Prayers of myself and his mother. I don't know you very well but if this is how you are, I wouldn't want you to change a thing. My son now wants to know when we are going with the Godfrey's on another motorcycle trip, "soon" is my reply.

Do not disregard what I have said in this email, I have pride and I don't want anyone knowing I'm a softy, I still have to uphold the hard ass personality. I love my family and welcome anything or anyone who blesses their lives. This being said I felt inspired to write you this note and let you know that a small miracle has taken place, thanks to you.

You have a great family. I'm privileged to have the friendship with your Father and Gregg and the entire family. That's what life is really all about.

Just so you know, you now rank in the same category of "cool people" as Travis Pastrana with my son.
Best Regards,
Hank Henriod

Thanks again for those who take the time to share comments

with us. As much as these thing Tanner does touches all of you.
Letters like this give him strength and courage. He know
he is making a difference in many different w`ays.
My love and prayers to all!
Stacie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
I relearned a great lesson as I was coming to your house yesterday! So here is the thought that strongly crossed my mind....
Whether it is physically, spiritually, mentally, or the desire of your heart......
DON'T CARRY MORE THAN YOU SHOULD AT ONE TIME, EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN! ALL THAT IS AT RISK CAN SHATTER AND BREAK INTO A THOUSAND PIECES.......
Even if it is as simple as a glass pan full of Scotch-a-Roos!

P.S. Mosiah said it best;
Mosiah 4: 27
And see that all things are done in wisdom and order;
for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expediant that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize;
therefore all things must be done in order.
You'd think by this time in life I would have learned that by now!
Love, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Tanner.......See, there I go again.......it was King Benjamin whose words are in that scripture, not Mosiah......there is that dumb blond thing going on again.......I know better, and I know you do too.
Sorry! Brenda